I’ve been quite busy for the past few months. So busy that I haven’t posted any updates. I’m going to give a quick summary of what I’ve been up to and then follow up with some more detailed posts.
Since my last post I’ve done the following:
- Added an emergency stop switch to my machine
- Added a laser to my machine for engraving and cutting
- Made my first cuts in Aluminum, using finish passes, resulting in +/-0.002” accuracy
- Researched and purchased a few styles of home/limit switches to test (still in progress)
- Wrote an eBook, Introduction to CNC Router Design
- Performed a static rigidity test on my CNC machine
- Created a Version 2 of my CNC design in CAD with some improvements that will make it easier for someone else to build a copy of this machine and to improve rigidity based on my testing
- Started creating detailed drawings of Version 2 to be able to offer plans to others (still in progress)
- Used my CNC router and laser for some small project requests
More details to come.