The next bit of progress on the machine was back to working on completing the Z and Y axis components. I spent some time in Fusion 360 learning to create drawings from the components in my model. This allowed me to print out a scale drawing to use as a template for quickly and accurately placing all of the holes in the following part. An 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of paper just fit all the holes for this piece.
In order to get the ball nut coupler to be flush with the Y carriage, I used a router table and a hand chisel to lower the plywood carriage slightly:
The final task on this part was to make the Z stepper mount out of plywood. I glued it together and clamped it to dry overnight.